Thursday, March 3, 2016

Ich erziehe mein Kind zum Schlachten!


Gospel Principles Class



 

Ich grüße euch! Meine geehrte Damen und Herren!

 


Well that was probably one of the fastest transfers I have ever had. No idea why it went by so fast but it did. And I have successfully put my companion into his missionary grave. Whew! Glad that is over with. I liked him a lot it is just not always easy being with a missionary that is going home.Doesn't mean that we are just waiting to go home or that we are super distracted from the work. Because most of the missionaries I have seen are more scared to go home than anything else. Let's just say it is harder ending the mission than it is beginning it. But getting right back on track as with the end of every transfer comes new news about what's happening to me and other missionaries around me. And the very first news with that is that for the first time on my mission I will be training someone! Woo! Haha I wondered if the day would ever come where I would help a new missionary become a fully functioning missionary. Haha also other news that goes along with that is that the sister that was being trained, will now begin training so that means every one in the district is training and I am the only missionary in Cottbus that has been longer on their mission than 3 months. So it will definitely be an exciting and interesting transfer. It is all good though because I have my good buddy Elder Schulte to help me out, although he too will be dying after this transfer. Super excited nonetheless, I like being in interesting situations.

 

Okay so last week I talked about an experience where we got in contact with a lady that I had spoke to in the past. Well check this out! So last Tuesday we had our appointment with her and so remember how I originally thought that this lady had no kids but then I saw her again and that she had her daughter with her. Well when we visited her this week, I come to find out that she actually has 4 kids and a fiancé! Haha that blew my mind! So now we are teaching a super sick family. And it was just a great lesson in general and she was explaining to us how running into us was a sign of God's will for her and she explained about some of her past and some of her experiences with the missionaries when she lived in Berlin more than 10 years ago and she just has an awesome testimony of Christ and her kids are just adorable and so well-behaved. We even invited her to church and of course she accepted the invitation but what was even better was the fact that she asked her kids as well if they wanted to go to church that Sunday and then they all started saying,"JAAAAA!" And they were just excited to come to church. Haha I have never seen kids respond like that in my entire life! Unfortunately they were not able to make it to church this week because two of her small daughters were sick and had fevers. But we talked to each other over the phone and she is excited to have us over again and to come to church next week when the kids are feeling much better. So hopefully I don't get too hyped up or excited about this and that the Lord will bless us and grace us with the wonderful opportunity to teach this family.

 

Another really cool family orientated event that we had this week, actually happened last Monday after we were done writing emails. So the week before when we were at the Farnsworth family's house having family home evening with them and the kids. They are a great half American family. The dad being from Cedar City and the mom being from Görlitz in Germany. And because they are great members who want to do missionary work. They wanted to do a family home evening in the church where we would invite some investigators, some new converts and some less actives. And that was what we did last Monday. And it was awesome! We had 2 investigator families, we had new converts, we had less actives. It was great and of course we had the lovely opportunity of teaching all the children though a object lesson that we had made. It was just a great time and in those moments you really do feel that the gospel was meant for the individual and for the family. In such an environment, one could tell that it is important to have time together as a family.

 

The ending parts of the week were mostly spent saying goodbye to a lot of people, whether they were members or investigators. It was a good time and also lots of food was eaten. Haha Döner macht schöner! But the crowning farewell was of course with the Kosaks. Because anybody who comes in contact with the Kosaks just ends up loving them, or at least thinking that they are really cool by the end of their first meeting. Don't tell any of the other missionaries but he even put on his suit coat and old mission president badge and took pictures with the departing missionaries in Cottbus. Haha just like with the other missionaries that left during their time serving in the mission-presidency. Priceless! But anyways every time we go over to their place we have some of the craziest conversations. And a lot of the time they are about things that I don't even want to start thinking about. He also shows us lots of pictures of missionaries that have recently gotten engaged. Haha crazy stuff. One of the sisters in my past district for example but that actually wasn't a surprise at all.

 

Well my writing time has come to an end and unfortunately I was not as prepared to write as much as I have in the past few weeks because I didn't have a keyboard. Because I am currently with the Forst Elders until I pick up my trainee in Freiberg on Thursday. But I wish you all a wonderful wonderful week and that it isn't so cold were you are and I love you and pray for you and hope that you may pray for me too.

 

Tschüss,
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment