Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Was auch immer kommen mag!

Super attractive first döner with the trainee.
Hallo geehrte Familie und Freunde und zufällige Gäste!
 
It is often my curse to have so many good thoughts during the day of what I could possibly write to you fine people from afar but then when it comes down to the moment where I actually have to write something that these things seem to disappear. Well I guess whatever will just have to suit. I also don't have my keyboard so we will see how much I can actually type before my time has run out. Let's just get right to it shall we?
 
The biggest news of the week definitely has to be that we found someone and put them on baptismal date from the very first lesson. How we actually ended up meeting this guy, didn't occur this transfer but the last transfer when I was still with Elder Williams. We were on our way to meet an investigator by this mini-mall called Spree-Galerie and while we were waiting for me I saw this guy and told him I liked his hair. After that we had a small conversation and then our investigator showed up and we had to say goodbye. Then some time passed by and this time I was with Elder Merrel and we were doing some finding in the streets of Cottbus. Something in the missionary handbook that I have always found funny was that it actually encourages missionaries to go out on the weekends and do finding because apparently that is when the most people are out and also when the most people are home. Hahaha I don't know about where everybody else lives but my experience in Germany has proved otherwise. In fact I am not sure where everybody disappears off to on the weekend. Because I feel like we are walking around a ghost-town sometimes, the people don't even answer their doors. Probably because they have gotten smart and know that if anyone is trying to ring their doorbell it is probably the J-Dubs or us or somebody else that they don't want to see. Haha but anyways we were walking the dead streets of Cottbus and then I see this guy again sitting on a bench. And so of course I talk to him and one simple conversation later we had made an appointment for this last Tuesday.
And then on Tuesday we met with him and taught him about the restoration and gave my trainee the wonderful opportunity to ask someone to baptism and then.....he said yes! Woo! And then we promptly made out a baptismal date. So it was definitely a wonderful moment to say the least. Most of our appointments during the week were spent with him and he even came to church. So I certainly have high hopes for him. And I am simply thankful for the opportunity to teach such a great guy.
 
This week I also had another opportunity to give a blessing and it is a blessing to be able to bless. This time it was more a blessing of comfort and council than a blessing for the sick. But nonetheless every time I give a blessing I experience the undeniable presence of the Spirit. Even afterwards when the blessing was over the investigator told me that he was so surprised by his feelings that his eyes shot open in the middle of it. Therefore we should always look for opportunities to bless others whether it is literally or not. But every time I have had the opportunity to give a blessing or to participate in one. It has only strengthened my testimony even more of the truth of this work and of this Church.
 
We also had Zone-training-meeting this week which means we went all the way to Freiberg where the temple is in order to have it. And all in all it was good. Honestly sometimes it is nice just to see some of the missionaries in the Zone, especially because I know quite a few of them. Even my last companion from Neubrandenburg is in the Zone now, so it was nice to get to talk to him again and other people and just see what is popping off on their little slice of the mission.
 
Well I am really starting to feel my age as a missionary and by that I don't mean my actual age but more like the amount of time that I have been on the mission. And now is truly the time that will either allow you to go home in peace or to eventually regret everything what you didn't do. I hope that I can truly show the Lord more than anybody else that I served him with my all heart and that I tried to serve His children in this part of the world. I hope I can do it in sincerity rather than simply out time reasoning because being a missionary in one way or another is truly the way to live the gospel.
 
I hope you all have a fantastic week and that as you pray you may feel the peace that can only come from the Lord. I will get you all some pictures and a little bit better thought out letter for next week.
Haha but I love you and I miss you!
 
Tschüss,
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment