Monday, January 25, 2016

Die Sonne, sie ist der hellste Stern von allem!

Elder Foster and a member that says "Hi!"

Hallo liebe Gäste!
 
      So a new transfer begins and with it comes a new companion which means someone else that you have to get used to being around. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing just that is has its quirks and you are still trying to figure your companion out so you don't bug him or anything on accident. One new thing about my companion is that now I am doing a lot more sport. By that I am running a lot more.....which isn't necessarily a bad thing but at the same time. I have never really been a fan of getting up early in the morning just to go run out in the freezing cold. Na ja you have to make compromises and its not like I don't get anything out of it myself. All in all though Elder Williams and I get long pretty well for the first week so that is definitely a good thing and I have also found out that he is not a trunky missionary in his last transfer, okay okay, ever missionary is trunky in his last transfer but what I mean is that it is not getting in the way of the work at all. So that is great news! No, we will have a great transfer together, we have already had some good times together. The district itself is still in great shape haha meaning that I like all of the missionaries in it.
      The first week of the transfer always goes by so slow because of the actual transfer and the real work doesn't begin until around Tuesday night. However on Monday night we got to spend some time at the Kosaks because the Elder Barboza was leaving and of course he wanted to say his last goodbye to his old mission president and simply just because they are amazing people. We could literally spend hours and hours at their place if it was possible and allowed so to say haha. It is actually a very intersting situation to be in. Because I will have had President Fingerle for one year and President Kosak for one year, but because I am now serving in this area where President Kosak lives. I will now know President Kosak way better than I will ever know President Fingerle.
      Another awesome experience that we had this week was that twe had a missionary conference not just for the zone or for the mission but for all the missionaries in the entire world! That was pretty awesome to say the least. I learned a lot of new things and we as a district made a lot of sick new goals that will help us to apply the things that we have taught and to naturally exercise our faith and see some great things happening. I am excited to be a part of it. The only bad part about the whole conference that we had was that at the end of it I started to feel sick and had a major headache. No worries we were promptly driven home by the Kosaks after it was over, they needed to be there so it wasn't a double date in the church with the sisters :-P, and then I threw up and went t bed. haha all was well by morning.
Back out on the streets!
      Something random that Elder Williams and I did this week was that when we went finding we talked to people about baptism. Sound sketch doesn't it? Haha we didn't just go around and ask people if they wanted to be baptized that would just be too weird. But instead we we talked to people, we told then that it is our purpose to talk with people about baptism and to clarify it. And then we asked them what they thought the meaning of baptism was. And interestingly enough it turned out really well. Everybody has a connection to baptism in one way or another and when there wasn't anything more to talk about we gave testimony of Christ. Actually when even invited some people to church on the spot and a couple of them said that they would come next week so that was pretty cool. The spirit really does try to help us talk to people in the right ways, although sometimes it can seem a little bit peculiar, we need to be careful to always follow the promptings of the spirit.
      The week was good although a little bit slow. Not sure why it was slow though. But I am pretty excited to see what this transfer will have in store for us. The Lord blesses in the ways that we need it, not always in the ways that we want it. I am grateful for this fact.
And can already think in so many ways that the Lord has helped in ways that I did not see until later. It sure it great to be on a mission but oh goodness it is tiring. Honestly when I first get into bed at night I feel so comfortable and relaxed but when I wake up in the morning, I feel even more tired than when I first went to bed. Haha anyways that is all that I have for you this week. I hope your week was just as good and I pray for your safety and health and general happiness.
 
Tschüss,
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment