Thursday, April 14, 2016

In der letzten Woche fahren meine Gefühle mit mir Achterbahn.




Hallo hallo meine geehrte Damen und Herren!


And we find ourselves again at the end of another transfer. And now I officially only have 12 weeks until the end of my mission. Which you might as well say 12 days because that is about how fast it is going to go by. Wow! A whole lot has happened in the span of almost 2 years.
 
It has quite literally been a lifetimes worth of experiences and learning. Not one second that I have spent being a mission will I ever regret. But now I shall begin to tell you this weeks events...where to start that is the real question however. First and foremost, I will be training again! Which means that I know my fate. I will be training and staying in Cottbus until I die.


The second news is cool and  up beat--it is the fact that we had baptisms in Cottbus!! Aaaw yes I have been waiting for this moment for quite some time. It has been a while since I have truly been able to participate in one of these glorious moments where men and women enter into a covenant with the Lord. I am just glad to have been able to have a part in it all in one way or another. They are wonderful people and the Spirit and the peace can always be felt at one of these wondrous occasions. Honestly I am not sure what to say but I can't wait to begin helping them to take the next step to get to the temple. And also even more to find and help more people to make this first step. Because as we know, God is an unchanging God and therefore a God of miracles, who is to say that we can not experience such miracles again and again. Simply by asking and acting in faith. I am sure that even greater things are in store. Boldness, love, diligence, and trust in the Lord are the keys things right now for the next 12 weeks. But I must also say it truly was wonderful as well to have three confirmations and two blessings for children on Sunday. Sometimes the baptism itself is always focused upon. But I truly think the confirmation, which without it would make the baptism pointless, is also a very special moment in the new life of someone who wants to follow Christ. The more I experience such things the more meaning I find in the gospel itself. It truly is more than just teachings or some history in a book. It is life and joy springing up unto eternity.


Haha I wish there was a way to describe that feeling and that clarity in thought. But as Christ said,"Meine Lehre stammt nicht von mir, sondern von dem, der mich gesandt hat. Wer bereit ist, den Willen Gottes zu tun, wird erkennen, ob diese Lehre von Gott stammt oder ob ich in meinem eigenen Namen spreche." Or in another language,"My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." So in other words if you have a hard time deciding whether or not these are simple pretty words or beliefs or whether they truly have power to change your life. Then you must do as Christ has said. You must do these things yourself and see whether they are true or not. Too many have scoffed, too many have not believed, but too many have also never tried with a sincerity of heart to know and to do these things.


We also had a surprise Zone-Training-Meeting, and of course the day before I was informed that I would be teaching. Haha that was certainly interesting. But once again it is always good to see other missionaries and just come together and enjoy the camaraderie of other missionaries. But all our times come eventually to an end and unfortunately I must say goodbye to 3 missionaries of my district. One of them my very good buddy Elder Schulte. But it's okay I will see him on the other side. At the great place called, BYU.


Other stuff happened this week too but I am a little stretched for time this week and also got really distracted. I love you all and pray for you all.
Tschüss,
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment