Friday, April 22, 2016

Ich tue mich mit dem Älterwerden schwer!


Elder Foster with The Kosaks (Former Mission President)


Hallo meine liebe Freunde und Familie.


Well I am already on my death bed as a missionary and that is already a little bit scary to say the least. I already know how it is all gonna end and where I am gonna be. However do not worry, I will not be put on auto-pilot for the next 12 weeks but I will be rather aware of the waning time. But despite the surrealism and the 6,000,000 Scoville rating sauce (basically I ate something that was worse than if I took a shot of police grade pepper spray to my mouth). I just had today the week was rather good to say the least. I am mean it was interesting because from Monday to Wednesday I wasn't really in my area but rather I was chilling out with the Forst Elders and got to send off my good buddy Elder Schulte back home. 


Tuesday I got to spend a little bit of our day in Cottbus and we just did a little bit of finding as per usual and for the first time ever I had a lady hiss at me and make a little cross with her fingers before walking immediately away.  I was so surprised all I could do was laugh and just wonder why someone would do that just because they said hi and wore a tie. Anyways we had a nice little lesson with our new convert Koffi. Tomorrow we will actually visit him again and also Brother Mitev so we can help prepare them to get ready to receive the priesthood. But after visiting with him we went to Forst to have Englisch class there and figure some stuff out for the next day because we had to get a member to stay with him and another sister the very next morning. Because Sister Jackson and I's train left at like 6 in the morning. So that was kind of a mess to plan for but we got it done. 


Then on Wednesday we made our way on over to Freiberg to go pick up trainees for the second time in a row. Fair to say that the meeting that we had there didn't really differ from the first one. But to get to the real news. I got my new trainee and his name is Elder Roemer and he is from Wisconsin and he is pretty cool. We are already good friends and I do not see any problems in the future. So I am super happy that I have a good and diligent companion to end my days on the mission. And actually I do rather enjoy training. It is a pity that I didn't get to do it a little bit earlier. Maybe I just like being in control or something. Either way it has been really good with him so far and I think it will stay that way. 


The rest of the week flew by after we actually picked up our companions and made our long arduous journey to Cottbus with all our bags and what not. But it also got a lot more exciting as well. Because the very first day we went finding, we found some new people which later turned out into some cool experiences later. They are all students from the university here in Cottbus and i don't remember if I ever said anything about it but it is a very international school so we run into a lot of other people who are getting masters and what not that are from other countries. But in this instance we talked to a guy from Egypt and set up an appointment for later in the week and after waiting forever and even leaving at one point we met up with him and his two other friends that he brought and it was really awesome. We gave them all copies of the book of Mormon in Arabic and just had a really good time talking about it. Unfortunately we didn't have too much time because it was pretty late by that time. But it looks very promising and they said they will probably have even more of their friends come next time. Woot! Teaching for days! That is what it is all about. We also saw one of our contacts. Who we have been trying to meet with for a few weeks now and then finally got an appointment with her. And it turned into the exact same situation as before and we ended up meeting with three gals, two from China, and one from Taiwan.  I always get a kick out of telling Chinese people that I am 1/16 Chinese. Yeah  I know that is basically nothing but I try to make a connection in any way I can. But this time around we had a lot more time to get in a full lesson and honestly at first I thought they were going to be a little sketched out by us or by the message that we were going to talk with them about. But it went really well and they seemed pretty interested in what we had to say. We will also meet again with them too! Woo! So once again don't give up on contacts or on people that may seem disinterested because you will never know what will come out of it. 


I was way too distracted while I was writing this email but to end it all off. Our good buddy Martin that we have been meeting with says he wants to get baptized! 3x Woo! But first we need to help him to quit smoking. But I am just glad to be meeting with people that are willing to listen to us and above all willing to listen to the Lord. And also Martin has already gone 14 days without drinking just because we told him that it is not good. We didn't even explain anything or promise him blessings or anything. It is awesome to be able to meet such humble people. 


Anyways everything is going great and I am very exciting for this coming week and I wish you all a wonderful week as well and pray for you daily. I love you and don't get trunky to see me! 


Tschüss,
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment