Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Uns fehlt es nicht an Zuversicht.


"Stuff I made for lunch, so yes I can cook now."
Hallo meine geehrte Damen und Herren. Herzlich Willkomen zu meiner Welt,
      This transfer has really been flying by. It is already half way through the transfer and thankfully things have been popping off around here. It was about as eventful of a week as last week. Especially because this week we had general conference. 
     Actually I am not sure whether any of you remember but I think a couple weeks back I was talking about a guy that worked in a Döner-shop by our apartment. And guess what? This week we were able to meet with him. It was really a cool experience. At first we actually just met with him at the mall in the city center. Where we had a cup of hot chocolate with him and just kind of got to know him a little bit. Which was really good because he said that it was good to make friends like us and it makes him not feel so foreign here in Germany. Because of course during these times where lots of refugees are coming in from Syria, there is kind of a bad rap on foreigners. And because he is originally from Iran, they look at him in the exact same way as the other foreigners because of his black hair and skin tone. Although he has lived here the past six years and is only 23 and can speak the language just fine. So it was cool in itself just to be his friend. But eventually later that same day we were able to meet with him in his own apartment and give him a copy of the book of Mormon. So I am pretty excited for future meetings with him. 
      This week we have also found some other people to teach as well too. It has been a nice change seeing as I have been simply trying to get this program going for the longest time now since the last time things were happening. This week we gave out lots and lots of invitations to people to come to conference and I am happy to report that we had 5 people actually come to the church and watch a session of conference. And 3 of them saw more than one session as well. And even 2 of them saw 3 sessions with us. So hard work paid off this time around. 
      Well because I am still experiencing major writer's block I will leave you with this one thought. I can't really explain all the success we have been having lately other than something what the new apostles mentioned yesterday. And that is....the Lord qualifies those that he calls to do his work. More times than not I have felt inadequate to really do the work that I have been called to do. But every time the Lord has proven to me that it is not my work but his work. And he will perform the work in his time. He will also help me to grow and to strive forward as I put my trust in him. The more I have simply trusted him the more I have found that I love him and want to serve him more. With a willing heart, a desire to believe, and that very same trust. I have seen magnificent changes in my life and the lives of others. I only hope that I may continue along this path and not become indifferent to those simple principles of the gospel that have brought true joy in my life. 
      Well sorry that this letter wasn't too long or too great. It is hard to sit down and try and sincerely write down how you felt during a week of so much excitement and so much events that you just kind of hit a wall and give up trying to explain all your thoughts and feelings. However I will try harder next week. I hope you all have a wonderful week and of course my prayers go out to you. 
Tschüss,
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment