Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bis meine Welt die Augen schließt

Asia Food Week Kick-off
Hallo hallo meine geehrte Damen und Herren!


Well well well you're back what a surprise! This week tune in to the exciting adventure where nothing goes as planned! It all started when we decided to have an exchange because I gotta fulfill those district leader duties. So I plan it all out with the other Elders, I found the train times and everything for them so it should go exactly as planned. And because the size of my district is about the north-east corner of Germany starting from Berlin all the way to the top. We have to travel long ways in order to exchange. This time we were doing it in Stralsund which is about an hour and half away by train. And of course as we are about 20 minutes away we get a call from the Elders in Greifswald telling us that they missed their train/bus and wouldn't make it their in time otherwise we would make it back home ridiculously late. So we basically had a nice 3 hour long trip on the train to Stralsund and back for nothing. And if you are wondering why we used a train instead of our car that we have it is because we only get a certain amount of miles and if I used it for exchanges we would run out of miles for the month quite quickly.


The second thing this week that didn't turn out according to plan was that these very same Elders didn't show up to district meeting. That was also quite ridiculous and even to this moment I am sure that they just didn't want to come to district meeting. It is okay because on that we had Ernte-Dank-Fest in Prenzlau, which is basically the German version of Thanksgiving, but not even close to our Thanksgiving. The little party we had at the office church building consisted of the few old ladies and Bruder Hanneman from the Prenzlau branch and then the sisters and the senior couple the Porters and the Eberswalde Elders because we were going to exchange with them anyways so they were invited to stay and eat. We also read a few German poems and sang a couple songs but other than that it was just a small little get together. 


I then had my exchange my exchange with Elder Rosenvall which ended up also being a mess because we had to exchange back later the next day but none of the train times were convenient for us because we both had lessons that neither of us wanted to miss. So that was a hassle to try and figure out. And it ended up not being so very time efficient so we didn't get as much done as I wanted to. Okay one last thing about the week before I talk about some stuff. This Sunday Elder Braun and I were in Prenzlau for church and I had to preside because the branch president was off in Rome for vacation. This time it was a little easier than the last time that I did it because for this week all that was planned was to watch the last session of general conference. So a lot of work on my part was avoided. 


Because I can't really think of too much else to talk about this week that is really exciting or me just rambling on I will talk about some of the random things that my companions and I do in order to stay sane sometimes haha but not really. Okay so first of all my companion and I have bunk-beds. And one night Elder Braun wakes up in the middle of the night and starts calling to me. "Elder Foster, Elder Foster" and naturally half awake I say, "yeah?" and then he says,"What are the symptoms for a heart attack?" "I think I am gonna have a heart attack, my arm is tingling, I don't think I slept on it." haha so then I say, "No if you had a heart attack I would know it and I wouldn't know what to do." he says,"Oh okay, I didn't know if a heart attack had slow symptoms or something." and in ending I say,"No it comes on pretty fast, I would know." And then we both rolled over and fell back to sleep. Or this week we are doing an Asian week. Which basically means we are only going to eat Asian food the entire week. So we bought lots of Asian type foods today, that we will eat during the week. Speaking of food some of our investigators come from Ghana and it seems every time we go there they give us some type of food from Ghana, that is can either be really good or really interesting and of course they are serving the portions so you better be prepared to eat a healthy portion. We also are going to start meeting with them a little more regularly now so that we can help them learn how to read a little bit better. Or more like read in general. Reading gets you places in life that is all I have to say about that. It is gonna be extraordinarily hard for them to learn German if they don't know how to read very well. 


Well that is about all I can think of to write this week. I keep hoping that later I will be able to remember enough and have the ability to express it with a little bit more eloquence. However hopefully this next week fairs a little bit better and things will go more according to plan. This is also the last week of the transfer so next week you will find out if I stay or not. It could go either way at this point I could stay or I could leave. It is kind of a 50/50 thing. 


Anyways I love you all and I hope you are all doing well. I pray for you as always and have a nice week.


Tschüss,
Elder Foster


 

No comments:

Post a Comment