Monday, June 22, 2015


Hallo ge!
So it seems that I have the mystical power to be able to predict whenever I will leave an area because at the beginning of this transfer which also happens to be a short 5-week transfer, I had the impression that I was going to be leaving. And low and behold by tomorrow I will be in my new area. A few other interesting facts that I might add is that there are only three districts in all of Germany, and in case you do not know what that means, it is simply the organization of the Church in certain areas. When there are not enough priesthood holders and members in a certain area in a country or in a state then it is mostly like a district, which basically means that it is still a bunch of small branches and not big enough to form the leadership and the programs that make up a stake. And back to the main point, so out of the only 3 districts in all of German, I will now have served within all of them. The Erfurt district was added to the Leipzig stake, if I have heard correctly the Oldenburg district is in the process of becoming a stake, and now finally I am in the Neubrandenburg district. I guess my duty is on the front-lines. Haha also in other news but my new area. Not to be discouraging or anything but this area that I am now entering is the most infamous area in our entire mission. Haha I remember when I used to joke around with people about getting sent to Prenzlau. And hey what do you know, here I am. I am not scared or disappointed or discouraged or anything of that sort. It is kind of exciting in a certain way, I will really have to give my all and rely on the Lord. It is unfortunate that I have to leave Erfurt so soon. I am going to miss a lot of different things about it.
It is kind of funny though because I just served in an area where I was responsible for two different areas and had to share a car with another companionship. And now I am going to an area with the exact same circumstances. Oh and I am also going to be the district leader there as well. And this time there will be a sister companionship in my district as well. When I think about it, it really was an interesting experience to be a district leader for abunch of missionaries that have been out on the mission longer than I have.
More news this next week is the last week that I will have President Kosak as a mission president. So there is a lot of change going on right now in the mission, not too mention that the giant wave of new missionaries is going to come in seeing as it is the summer now. AND this last week I hit my year mark when I first entered the MTC. Whoa!
It is fastest and the slowest year of my entire life. I am glad there is still a year left; I don't know how I am going to feel when I only have 6 months left. There is still time to get even better though, to increase in every sort of way and to help others all along the way. I am simply teeming with an odd energy and desire to make difference in my life and the life of other...sometimes a really odd feeling to say the least.
Once again I must say how awesome it is to meet so many cool missionaries and people on the mission. And fortunately a lot of them I will actually see at BYU when I get back. And probably even Amin,my Persian aka Iranian friend will be there. Haha last week he even called BYU, U of U, and Utah State. So, although he may not get baptized here in Germany, Elder Karpowitz and I will finish the job when he gets to BYU. Haha so cool and hilarious. Being out on a mission really does just make you a more social person I guess and you kind of have to seeing as you have to talk to people every single day.
Although on a random note in the last couple weeks I have been invited by girls to go to parties on at least 3 separate occasions. All I am thinking is: Who the heck invites a guy clearly dressed up as a missionary that you just met on the Bahn about ten minutes ago to go to a party? Anyway, I will be keeping in contact with a lot of people that I have met on my mission and I am very grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be here.
But that is about all I have time for today I hope you all had a nice week and that the coming week will be just as good. I love you, I miss you, and I pray for you.
Tschüss,
Elder Foster


 

No comments:

Post a Comment