Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ganz objektiv betrachtet höchst extrem




Hallo hallo!
     Now as we are already in the midst of September the weather already begins to take a turn for the worse. And by that I mean lots of wind and rain everyday on and off without end. But honestly it is not too bad so far seeing as it is a nice break from being in the heat all day. Or that I get to wear a coat again which means I don't have to carry things in my pants pockets anymore.
      This week began yet another cycle of the struggle of trying to get people to even have a conversation with us or them going out of their way to be rude to us. However we still catch a few opportunities here and there to talk with people for a little bit. I always treasure those moments when I get the chance to share a small yet meaning message of the gospel with someone who honestly never really thought about these sorts of things before. However most of the time these conversations are left with a little bit of sadness in them. Seeing as at the end they say quite straight forwardly that they don't even have the hope that there is a God or that there is even a life after this one. So don't give up hope because even hope itself can be a gift and a blessing in one's life.
      I am not too sure what else to say about the week really. This last week I tried something a little different during District-Meeting. And I was more or less surprised at the result that came out of it. And really just how much everyone in the district was able to help each other because of it, so that was cool. I find it pretty cool that something that I have planned for the missionaries in the district has become applicable that very same day or the next day. Sometimes you don't know how much the Lord really guides you I guess. And of course this week I went on another exchange with one of the zone-leaders that went alright, I was just glad that he was willing to go out finding for long periods of time. Not too many missionaries that I have been around can hold out for too long without eventually getting distracted or losing all desire. Actually today I am going on my last exchange for the transfer and then basically I get a one week break and then I have to start all over again haha.
      I guess in ending this letter, I would have to say that I am grateful to be serving in this area. Although it has been tough. Every time it is our turn to go to Prenzlau for church. I am always amazed by the members in this tiny little branch. Honestly the main core of this branch is just 5 single old ladies. It just amazes me how these women have stayed active for so long despite everything in their lives and all the opposition that they have had and can still see even to this day that there is peace and joy and strength in the gospel.
Although yesterday testimony meeting may have been the same as always for them. The same people with the same convictions and knowledge of the truth but for me it was quite special. And truly one can see that the strength of the church does not lie in the amount of members that it has but rather in the strength of the testimonies of its members. Hopefully I too can stay in the faith for it is truly a test, those who look like they may be firmly founded on the gospel, may be the ones who you see fall away. So I hope I will be able to rely upon the merits of the Lord and know that through him I will be able to make it through any sort of trial. 
     Well I hope you all have a fantastic week, I sure will try to have a fantastic week myself.

Tschüss,
Elder Foster



No comments:

Post a Comment