Monday, March 9, 2015

Ich fande mich zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt!






Moin! (If you haven't noticed, probably my favorite greeting in German so far)

This week was definitely a long week to say the least. We were in Oldenburg three times this week for zone training meeting and district conference. So all the traveling on trains and buses took a little bit of life out of me. And to add to it, Elder Pilling and I got sick somewhere randomly in the middle of the week, even still feeling it a little bit now as I am here writing this and of course the weekly disappointments. And oh yeah we (not me) lost the phone twice this week, first time we got it back by divine intervention and the second time....yeah its probably gone for good now, so now we are phoneless until we get a new one from the office. So it was a long week. However that is not to say that it was entirely a bad week.


So there is one thing that I am excited to say about this coming week, it is that one of our investigators is getting baptized on Saturday. Woo! Finally! It took a while but we finally got this program running in Bremerhaven. It is cool to see how excited he is and that he is looking towards things even after baptism and that this is really only the beginning. And in case you are confused to who it is because I don't always put names in my emails, his name is Paul and he is from India, who is currently studying here in Bremerhaven to get his masters in some complicated degree that I can never remember. He is literally a gift from God. Elder Pilling and I have a pretty cool relationship with him too. He isn't just an investigator or it isn't really just like a professional or formal relationship at all like it can sometimes be with an investigator but rather we are just like friends. Okay, okay I know you want to befriend all of the people you teach. But it is just different for us and it is just natural. Actually something random to that is that Elder Pilling and I are starting a calisthenics workout routine with him. And oh boy is it needed for both of us. Not that I am gaining weight because I am not and I am already convinced that I will never have to worry about that on my mission but rather my general health is just falling. Haha we don't always eat the greatest and a half-hearted slash half-alive 30 minute workout at 6:30 in the morning doesn't usually do a whole lot. So it's cool that we get this opportunity to do this with him. 


Also something else I am happy to report about is that this week we had a pretty good turnout for our activity night that we have on Fridays. We had plenty of members and there were some investigators too there as well. It was ideal and we could tell that the members bonded a little bit more with our investigators. So that was great, although we were playing ligretto which is like the game of speed but even more intense wh means every time I had to be really fast and slam my cards all over the table in order to beat someone else to it. My head felt like it was going to explode because I was still sick at that time. I just hope that we can continue to see such success with this activity night idea.


Hmmm what else. Another interesting experience this week was during district conference in Oldenburg. So we had one of the area seventies there and he was actually from France and so whenever he got up to give a talk, it wasn't in German and it wasn't in French either but it was in English and then somebody standing right next to him would translate it into German. So I just found that a little bit funny and it is certainly interesting to see because you never experience these type of things back home or have to worry about translations of any kind for that matter and once again to mention that English is literally the world language no doubt about it. Haha


I don't know what else this week haha the past couple days I have just wanted to lay in bed and sleep because I haven't been feeling too well. But of course we had to have appointments, boo! I know right?! Haha just kidding it is great whenever we have the opportunity to teach people and I am more than happy to go out of my way to have the opportunity to sit down and honestly teach and bear testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And time is running out. Who knows when the next chapter of my mission will begin and I will be serving somewhere else. Or eventually when I come back home and will have the opportunity to teach or to share in ways I have never done before. Mission life is definitely interesting and exciting. Sometimes it feels like I will always be a missionary in Germany. It feels weird to think that I won't be living in Germany someday or that I won't be using buses and trains to get everywhere.


Well anyways I hope that all goes well back home. I think of you and pray for you all as well. And once and a while I think about what I should actually do with my life when I get back home. Something that I have been considering recently is international business. Any thoughts about that? I don't know I got to figure something out eventually. Haha I love you all and until next time.


Tschüss,
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment