Monday, October 6, 2014

Konferenz Woche


Hallo hallo, 

So this week was definitely better than last week. Even though it is kinda hard to compare seeing as this week was conference week. Which I have to say is a complete different experience in Germany and for a missionary as well. For obvious reasons like the eight hour time difference. So while you may have been watching the morning session at 10 o'clock in the morning I was watching it at 6 o'clock at night. But it was pretty nice though because in our ward they actaully set up an english session in another room of the church. Which is in the baptismal font room. Which happens to have couches in it. So it was a pretty relaxing expereince. Just us missionaries and a couple other members from the ward were hanging out and watching conference in that room. Even on sunday  the members brought us food to eat for lunch after we had watched priesthood session. Because of the time differences we still haven't seen the last session of conference. Which we will watch next sunday. So the last part of Saturday and Sunday almost felt like a holiday for us missionaries. Haha really though! Es hat mir gefallen.  

Truly as a missionary you must come to the realization of the importance of patience. And of course the neccessary faith to put into that patience. Because at least for me, I want to be the best I can be right now. Over these past few months I have come to understand more of the struggles of Lehi and his family as they were being led by the Lord to the Americas. It is not as easy as one might think to keep the faith for all that time. I am sure Lehi and his family understood they would receive the promises of the Lord as they continued to strive on in faith. But did they truly understand the Lord's time and his own ways of preparing them to receive that promised land? I am sure they hoped over every new horizon they saw or every mountain they climbed they would see the promised land of the Lord just in the distance. I am convinced that the Lord more often than not is preparing us for this "promised land" in our lives rather than simply leading us there. When we think of the trials of the Lehi and his family, or the israelites being lead by Moses, or even the pioneer saints being driven from place to place. Was the Lord simply leading his people to a specific land? Or was he preparing them to create a promised land? Listening to the talks this last weekend. I felt as though the prophet and the apostels were telling stories of how the Lord prepared them through experiences and other people that made them the people there are now. Unfortunately now instead of seeing other missionaries, members, and investigators. I see future bishops, stake presidents, relief soceity presidents, young men/women leaders, and even just parents. We are being prepared by the Lord to become these kind of people, so that we might help others come unto Christ and partake of the divine beauty of eternal life. Simple acts of faith and genuine love for anyone will leave a lasting effect. Since I have been on my mission I have been too focused on the destination. Who and where are these people that will accept the gosepl? Who and were am I at right now? When rather I should focus on the fact that the Lord is still preparing me at this very moment. The ultimate destination is eternal life. Everything in this life is only the preparation. When I put everything into view of the plan of salvation and the atonement. I find the answers to why.  

Unfortunately this week will not be the biggest of letters. And I wasn't able to say a ton about this week in general but alas. If anything I want to leave you with a great scripture that I read recently in Alma. For me it really puts everything into perspective. So go to Alma 12:32. And just think about what that verse means especially the first couple lines in the grand scheme of life. I know that it will help you understand Heavenly Father just a little bit more. But anyways I am so glad to be a missionary. I have truly been blessed and I only hope I am serving in the ways the Lord needs me to so he can prepare me for the next role I must fill whether it be tomorrow or years from now. Love ya all. 

Tschüss,

Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment